Friday, October 2, 2009

Dr. Alice Christie

photoofdoctoralicechritie
After I looked around for a moment, I clicked on 'Search the Web' and then 'Ask for Kids' formerly known as 'Ask Jeeves for Kids' at www.askkids.com/ and found some very routine search queues and any standard types of hits one might find on subjects children might look up. I began my search with 'turtles' and found clubs, how to care for, and general information. I searched this time for 'dog shows' and had ten pages and more so the information is standard but the sites are geared for kids. Now since I want to be a math teacher I entered in 'math games' and one hit was 'Math Goodies' which I am familiar with, and it's found at www.mathgoodies.com.
Next I clicked on 'Research Sites for Kids' and then clicked on 'High School Ace' and then the subject 'math' and was awarded with many helpful places on the subject of math from Algebra to Calculus and under 'More Math Stuff' free graph paper if anyone is interested.
So, to conclude, I certainly will use these sites if not others to help myself and my future students to acquire the knowledge of math. As with any website, these sites are available all the time and I, as an instructor, can chose which ones I see fit to use.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you found lots of math "goodies". Now make one of those into a link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John: When we get to a discussion of search techniques, be sure you add Ask Jeeves for Kids to the conversation.

    ReplyDelete