Monday, October 12, 2009

Networked Student

Phototorepresentnetworking
And now I am introduced to the world of Connectivism, a world with no books in the classroom and your thoughts and opinions are shared with people whom have come to the same conclusions as you have based on the same information all of you have read. Your opinions are analyzed by others and thoughts are shared, with you always knowing there is an overseer to guide your way.
Since not having been taught with this method before, I'm glad I'm in this class, otherwise I do not know if I would be as aware of the possibilities of teaching methods. I can image not having to stick to a strict schedule of class, by that I mean working with the same student at different times of the week. And I know I've said this before, but students working at their own pace is something I like.
Wendy Drexlers' video is another piece of information I can use to shape the kind of teacher I will become, because I can see now I really do not know just what will be the outcome of the next 2plus years of training. But I can say I will be well trained and I can take all of this knowledge had teach and learn and have fun doing so. click hereto see Wendy Drexlers' video.

1 comment:

  1. One of the important things to learn from Mrs. Drexler's presentation is that we, as teachers, no longer have the responsibility for providing information for students to use in their learning. Now we act as guides to a far greater repository of information in the clouds. We have to teach students how to ask questions and search for answers. We are no longer responsible for providing answers and implementing a burp-back procedure to see whether or not the student can burp back "our" answer.

    ReplyDelete