Monday, October 5, 2009

iPods in the Classroom

photoofiPods
This was a very interesting subject for me because all I knew about an iPod was it was a music storage device and was I wrong. I started with a general search and came upon a interview of Mr. Robert Craven, Educational Technical Director for Orange County Department of Education in California.clickhereto read interview. In the interview, Mr. Craven talks about how the students are using the iPods. These students are using the iPods for everything from class assignments to keeping track of how many calories they burn in a day. The students do listen to some music, but they also take the iPods home to show their parents their class assignments and what interviews or videos they have made, so they get everyone involved. Truly great!
Duke University started using iPods in 2004 and the response has been stellar. This device is being used as a classroom tool, study tool, and even a field recording tool. The part of the study I liked the best is the iPod is convenient and the less use of paper materials. Me thinks I want one. clickhereto read the report.

1 comment:

  1. When the iPod Touch has a camera, I will probably make it a requirement for EDM310.

    ReplyDelete