Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Kaia

pictureofredrose
This video and voicethread was such a wonderful idea, to share something so personal with a little girl they did not even know. The way Mr. C's class responded was a very touching gesture on their part. This just goes to show the capacity of the human heart, Mr. C's class response has probably added joy to Kaias' and her dads' day, and now Kaias' way of life and her new found look on things is spreading throughout the world. To see the voicethread click here
Kaias' blog had so many nice responses about her pictures from everyone. Being able to see things not as you might usually look at them, she's being taught something important at an early age. Kaia seems to be having much fun exploring her world with her dad and her camera. Adding her tales of what the pictures represented was a very nice touch. If you would like to see her blogclick here
Intrepid Teacher: Singing Hearts was beautifully written, I myself have experienced all the emotions he is feeling now. He hopes that parents will spend time with their young ones' outdoors, and I did just that when my daughter was growing up and I have many pictures and memories. This story stirred up so many memories that for a few minutes I just sat here and remembered, so many great times camping out and building fires to cook out.
I fully understand Interpid Teachers' reluctance to put his daughter out there for the world to see, my grandson is 3 and I, right now, do not want him out there so to speak. So, sir, I say contuine with the path you are taking and may the world be a better place for meeting your daughter.

2 comments:

  1. Hey John,

    I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to do this great write up on our experiment. I find it encouraging that this little afternoon activity has garnered so much positive attention, just goes to show how much people want to connect with worthwhile projects.

    I am glad you found meaning in what we did and thanks again for sharing and passing the word.

    ReplyDelete