Sunday, November 22, 2009

Seven Brillant Things Teachers Do With Technology

image of a man with a jet pack
Mr. Doug Johnson has a very comical outlook on life and it shows in his writing style, especially his use of goofy metaphors. But he is absolutely correct in his assessments and uses of technology in the classroom. It is imperative that one always empower children to do what they do best and to try their best at the subjects that are harder. Using the resources at hand to make something you need is my forte, I wanted an remote controlled air-boat and the body cost around $80. I built my own out of blue-core foam and hot glue, and it cost about $4.
About statement #3, parents who care can be found at any income level, but sometimes you do have to prod them along to get them motivated. Statement #4 is a fine example of Room 10 at PT New England School and of Mr. Chamberlines class blog. Putting children in touch with the world is the only way to raise a child anyway. Now #5 sure was an eye opener for me, to quote, Mr. Johnson say "One of the best signs of intelligent people is that they tend to willingly admit when they don't know something" and that's me! Does that mean that I am intelligent?, go figure. And now for #7, and I have always been a big fan of technology. When I was growing up I believed on day I would have my own jet-pack and I'm still waiting. If you would like to read Mr. Johnsons list then click here.

1 comment:

  1. haha, what little kid doesn't want their own jet-pack? The crazy thing is, I'm sure someday it will not seem so impossible!

    ReplyDelete