Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Personal Learning Network

picture of a old style readio tower
My PLN has been with me since I was in my early twenties, the Saraland Public Library and Public Broadcasting Stations. At the library I started reading Newsweek , Time Magazine , Psychology Today , and Soldier of Fortune Magazine when I could find it. SOF gives an in depth look at the men and women in our military and a behind the scenes look at what they do and the things they endure.
I have been watching PBS for a long time now, all the nature shows and shows of nature and how it impacts our planet. Independent Lens is a show I watch now and then and on their website you can read articles as diverse as Womens' Empowerment, to Sesame Street turns 40. POVis a show which POV stands for Point of View, a source for documentaries and independent films. If you make a documentary film, just submit it to POV and if they deem it worthy, they will present it on their show. News Hour with Jim Lehrer is another show I watch from time to time and they have a RSS feed for students which can be found here which I've added to my Google reader. Well, you add to that iTunes and At The Teachers Desk and that's about it for now. There are other blogs and websites with just a little difference on the title of 'At The Teachers Desk' and I read some of these to get a glimpse of what the near future holds for me as an educator. For now, I am going to watch, listen and learn from the professinals from around the world. That's the cool part, around the world! I am sure I will add to my PLN in the near future and learn much from it.

1 comment: