Tuesday, November 17, 2009

At The Teachers Desk

picture of a teachers desk
It has been a little while since I visited this blog and these people have been busy. The very first blog got my interest and I had no idea the male of the species was in such turmoil. Maybe if this info was more main stream knowledge something could be done. A few of the other blogs I read were Teaching 2.0, which is Dr. Stranges post of the importance of technology in the classroom. The blog Pencils and Crayons was a hoot, at first I thought 'are these people serious?'.
'Why I blog' by Mr. McClung was an inspirational piece of his thoughts and ambitions and the reason he blogs, to share ideas and innovations with others of the learning and teaching profession. On the blog 'Empowering Lifeskills' I visited Gever Tulleys' list of the seven things he has done or had done to him. That list brought back a lot of memories for me, except I was the one that pulled the trigger, not the other way around.
I visited Room 25s blog site, their teacher has said if they get 2,500 hits they will have no more homework. I put in a hit, so should you.
I also visited the blog of Willunga Primary School, a school in South Australia, it is 132 years old and they have a big blog site with lots of information and sharing of stories of the students.
The last blog I saw was Room 9, who has had 40,000 visitors since their blog was started. That is amazing, and their site is very large with many things to read and see.
'At The Teachers Deck' is a wonderful blog site with many collaborators who are all empowered to do their best to see to the education of out young people. As an up and coming teacher I am glad to see so much sharing of ideas, and to see the emotion and caring in so many educators. Reminds me of a few teachers I had will growing up. This site and others like it are going to change the world of education and learning and I know that these sites are very important in the collaboration of ideas. Thank You. If you would like to visit 'At The Teachers Deck'click here.

1 comment:

  1. They are already changing the world of education. And EDM310 is just one of the places that has happened!

    ReplyDelete