Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Harnessing you student's digital smarts

As someone who is training to be an educator, this is the video I needed to see. Ms. Davis has truly transformed a small rural classroom into a world wide learning experience. A group of young people, who most likely would have never been so thoroughly involved in the world this way, have had their lives changed. The young lady who was proud of her new blog that she and others, in different parts of the world, helped put together. This young lady will have friends throughout the world, and they will all have something in common, they became friends while learning.
Another aspect of the video is how the older generation, my generation, is benefiting from the influx of all this technology. Being able, quickly, to see how some other educator is teaching their class, and utilizing the techniques if you wish. I think about how I came into this class absolutely clueless about all this technology and now is a very short time, I too, will be teaching with all this technology at my fingertips. I can't wait for this new generation of young people to get to the point where they run the world and other leaders in other parts of the world will be their friends. They will have grown up and learned together in a world that I am definitely looking forward to.

1 comment:

  1. From clueless to technologically literate in a blink of the eye!

    ReplyDelete