Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It's Not About the Technology

Ms. Hines certainly makes a good point about how teachers need to be passionate about their subject and teaching the subject to others. Throughout my long life I have seen it too many times when a teacher is just there to get by and go home for the evening. Boring, and if she/he is boring then I am bored! I can not very well learn from someone who is boring. In today's classrooms it is being proved that if your students have access to the world with their subjects, the students show a better attitude toward learning with just about any subject.
Ms. Hines suggest that even without a smartboard or other technology one can still instill a good attitude for learning to students. I agree with that, but, without the tech one could surmise that that class will learn, but a similar class with some world wide tech will probably enjoy learning much better, whereas the tech less class will not advance at the rapid pace achieved by the tech wielding class.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are absolutely correct. When Ms. Hines and I discuss her article, I think she will admit to agreeing with you - that good teaching does not require technology, but IS improved by it.

    ReplyDelete